Friday, July 15, 2011

Nerdgasm!


I’m not sure when they were all added to Netflix watch instantly, but I was very (almost TOO very) excited to discover that Netflix now has the X-Men , Spider-man, Iron Man, and The Avengers cartoon series to Watch Instantly. Yeah I’m talking about that 90’s shit. And I say shit in a good way.


I’m more excited about X-Men. This show was my introduction into the world of comics. I still have a big comic box full of only X-Men comics. Uncanny X-men annual Vol.1 #17 “Where Walks the X-Cutioner” was the first comic I ever bought. When I was a kid I would make sure I was parked in front of the TV every Saturday morning by 11:00am to be sure not to miss X-Men on Fox.  It was so fitting that X-Men was the first of this new generation of comic book movies to spark the current craze. This certainly sparked my interest.


So last Sunday, much like the Saturday mornings of my childhood, I parked myself in front of the TV and streamed the entire first season of X-Men. It still holds up. Well, it does for me at least. X-Men introduced real action into a very bland list of Saturday morning cartoons. The show stayed true to the comics and you didn’t need to be a kid to enjoy it. The violence wasn’t toned down particularly. This is a good thing.

I highly recommend that all you Marvel fans go revisit these shows on Netflix. I’m still waiting for Wolverine and the X-Men to pop up on the instant streaming. Unlike the show that IS on Watch Instantly, X-Men: Evolution, Wolverine and the X-Men follows the comics and is almost like a reboot of the 90’s X-Men series. Check that one out too if you can. 


1 comment:

  1. I love x men. I been watching the series since they posted them. Its nice to be able to watch the new generation of episodes as well. I missed everything in those days to devote my time to power rangers. Haha. Good times. I have plenty of netflixing to do this summer.

    ReplyDelete